Disclaimer: This is no longer possible after the World PvP damage fix on November 14, 2017 (thank god!).
Have you seen my video about Rogues and nuclear weapons? If you didn't, it's right below. Take a look, it's only 3 little minutes.
Now that you've seen to believe it, maybe you want to know how. It's not a honorable act, lets admit... But I think that every rogue should at least try to do that, even if it's just 1 time, just to have a good story to tell.
How to do it?
To explode your Shuriken Nuclear Bomb to the maximum, you'll need the following:
- The Subterfuge specialization
- The Master of Subtlety talent (+10% damage)
- The Nightstalker talent (+10% damage)
- The Prey on the Weak talent (+10% damage)
- The Dark Shadow talent (+30% damage)
- The Thief's Bargain PvP talent (+10% damage)
- The The Dreadlord's Deceit legendary cloak (+750% damage)
- The Cinidaria the Simbionte legendary belt (+30% damage)
- The Shroud of Arcane Echoes power from the Vindicaar Matrix Core (+100% damage)
- The SI:7 Intel buff from your champion Mathias Shaw (100% crit chance)
- A Flask of the Seventh Demon or something weaker like the Repurposed Fel Focuser
- A Potion of Prolonged Power
- A Defiled Augmented Rune
- A good versatility food like Seed Battered Fish Plate
- Basically all the versatility you can stack from gear, trinkets, etc.
The secret here is to stack all the versatility you can, guarantee the critical blow and use all the damage multipliers available in 1 GCD. I'm not completely sure about witch damage multipliers from the list are additive or multiplicative, but what I can say for sure is that the Shroud of Arcane Echoes will indeed double your output damage. That means a 2.5 million hit will hit for 5 million.
I must admit that when I made the video I didn't have a good chunk of items from that list. I didn't have a flask, food or a versatility potion... Neither had the maximum amount of versatility from my available gear at the moment. Even so, the damage was devastating, but could be higher if planned according to these instructions. So, even if you don't have all the items from the list, you'll probably do a big boom, as long as you have the cloak.
Now, to help you out even more to take the maximum advantage of all that, nothing better than a pretty smart macro for you to spam and fill the map with nuclear radiation! Right below!
#showtooltip Shroud of Arcane Echoes
/use Shroud of Arcane Echoes
/use [combat,nostealth] Potion of Prolonged Power
/use [combat,nostealth] 13
/cast Symbols of Death
/castsequence reset=10 Shadowstep, Cheap Shot, Shadowdance, Shuriken Storm, Goremaw's Bite, Eviscerate
Explaining the macro:
- The first time you press the button, the Shroud of Arcane Echoes will be used, and will let you "immune" from being targeted, through the Shroud of Arcane Echoes buff. You'll also use Shadowstep, being teleported behind your target and Symbols of Death, to increase your damage by 15%.
- The second time you press the button, You'll use Cheap Shot, stunning your target. This will put you in combat, activating your PvP talents and removing your Shroud of Arcane Echoes buff. You'll then immediately gain another buff, the Shroud of Arcane Echoes Overpowered, increasing your damage by 100% for 5 seconds.
- The third time you press the button, since you're already in combat, you'll use Shadowdance, a Potion of Prolonged Power and activate your main trinket, equipped in the upper slot of your character (a versatility trinket, if you have a good one)
- The fourth time you press the button, you'll finally use Shuriken Storm, possibly destroying your main target and everyone around you. Continue pressing the button to also use Goremaw's Bite and Eviscerate, if the target is stubborn enough to stay alive after the first hit.
As a final consideration, I would say that this absurd damage is not a healthy thing to the game. For me, it's a big design flaw and should be fixed as soon as possible. If you use this macro constantly, you'll certainly be labeled as a big f***ing douche. Besides, you really don't need any skill to to spam a macro that kills anyone. So, if you don't want to become a noob by the next expansion, use that with moderation. Don't become dependent of a 1 shot macro.
Now enough talk and go blow stuff up. But just a tiny bit.